Current COVID-19 Precautions (Updated April 22, 2022)
- We welcome everyone to gather in person, indoors, for weekly Sunday morning worship and Sunday school.
- Worship services will be live-streamed via Zoom at this link: https://zoom.us/j/9995275153.
- We are still asking everyone ages 2 and older to wear a mask for worship services. We are thankful that we can worship (and sing!) together in person, while taking reasonable precautions that protect the most vulnerable among us.
- In Sunday school classes for children below vaccine-eligible age (under 5 years-old), masks are still required.
- In Sunday school classes for children and youth above vaccine-eligible age (5 years-old and older), masks are optional. Masks are also optional in adult elective classes, and during coffee/fellowship time.
- Sunday school teachers and child care providers will be required to be vaccinated and boosted.
- Our Covid Advisory Committee encourages everyone be aware of the risks of attending large gatherings, particularly for those who are immunocompromised or unvaccinated. Please read their suggestions in this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-9Ij4dDvNUl5JO7E8-3jDcQPSBqjkPXm/view
- Small groups and other Assembly and Faith participants are welcome to reserve space in the meetinghouse. Check the Facility Use/Reservations Calendar here. Please contact the church office to reserve space.
- We ask everyone to follow current CDC guidelines for Elkhart County when gathering in the meetinghouse. Event organizers/hosts may request that their guests take additional precautions (such as universal masking).
- You may use the tool below from the CDC website to check for current guidelines for Elkhart County, Indiana.
- More Information
- Assembly is blessed with both a large congregation (so that we cannot practice physical distancing in our worship space) and a very age-diverse congregation (including both elderly members who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 even when vaccinated, and families with children who attend many different schools in the area). This presents us with challenges not all congregations have when considering how to safely gather for in-person worship.
- We are also blessed with a congregation that has a very high vaccination rate.
- If you have any questions or feedback regarding our COVID-19 policies, please contact Randy Roth, the chair of Leadership Group.
Current COVID numbers for Elkhart County can be viewed below (from https://covidactnow.org/us/indiana-in/county/elkhart_county/).