Current COVID numbers for Elkhart County can be viewed below (from https://covidactnow.org/us/indiana-in/county/elkhart_county/).
- Current COVID-19 Precautions
- Leadership Group, along with the COVID-19 Advisory Group, is constantly monitoring the situation. We understand and share the desire for in-person worship and are looking for ways to make that happen safely, as soon as possible.
- Due to high levels of community spread and an increased rate of COVID-19 cases in vaccinated persons, we are currently having Sunday morning worship via Zoom only.
- Sunday morning worship will happen online in Zoom cluster groups from Jan 16 – Feb 20. Children will be welcome to participate in a Zoom cluster or they may participate in a “children’s church” Zoom group during worship related to the text and theme of the week.
- Second hour on Sunday morning will include three Zoom electives, including one intended especially for children in middle grades.
- Small groups are welcome to have in person meetings at our meetinghouse or elsewhere, as they are comfortable doing so.
- Properly worn face masks are required for everyone (over age 2) inside the meetinghouse, following CDC guidelines.
- We strongly encourage that everyone who is eligible receive the vaccine for COVID-19, as well as a booster shot.
- Masks at outdoor gatherings are optional for vaccinated persons, but are still encouraged when physical distancing is not practical.
- Anyone is welcome to attend our outdoor worship services or to join us on Zoom.
- Small groups and other Assembly and Faith participants are welcome to reserve space in the meetinghouse. Please contact Scott Coulter to reserve space. Check the Facility Use/Reservations Calendar here.
- More Information
- Decisions about Worship and Formation (Sunday school) are made by the Pastoral Team, Worship Committee, and Christian Formation Committee, in consultation with our COVID-19 Advisory Group (Michelle Shelly, Cynthia Good Kaufmann, and Katie Schramm).
- Assembly is blessed with both a large congregation (so that we cannot practice physical distancing in our worship space) and a very age-diverse congregation (including both elderly members who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 even when vaccinated, and families with children who attend many different schools in the area). This presents us with challenges not all congregations have when considering how to safely gather for in-person worship.
- We are also blessed with a congregation that has a very high vaccination rate. Especially as children 12 and older, as well as all adults, are now eligible for booster shots, we encourage you to complete this form to notify the church office of any changes in your / household members’ vaccination status. https://forms.gle/QwTnEyNmBoYttds96 (This information will be treated as confidential by the pastoral team).
- If you have any questions or feedback regarding our COVID-19 policies, please contact Randy Roth, the chair of Leadership Group.
Last Updated: 1/4/2022
You may use the tool below from the CDC website to check the current level of community transmission in Elkhart County, Indiana.